Eternity is rushing towards us.
You and everyone else must be ready.
Thank you for your interest in Mark Cahill’s monthly newsletter. In it, you will find a variety of topics that relate to biblical Christianity, evangelism, and even current events. Mark’s viewpoint will challenge and encourage you to be bold for what you believe!
To subscribe, click here.
To view newsletters archives, click here.
What a time to be alive! Things are getting pretty exciting down here. I hope you are enjoying the journey and making a big, big difference for Jesus Christ!
We have cautioned and warned you numerous times about getting your kids out of government-run schools. These are not the same kinds of schools that we attended when we were young. I could never in good conscience recommend that anyone send a child of any grade level to one of these government-run facilities. Their agenda for indoctrinating your kids and grandkids is getting worse by the day.
A friend of the ministry works as a teacher at a public high school. He received an update from his school district recently that explained how they want the current school year to play out for teachers and students. You will probably be as saddened by this as I was when I read it. He explained:
“A few facts about our district are that Clark County School District is the 5th largest district in the country with nearly 330,000 students, 30,000 staff, and a budget of around 2.3 billion per year. Here are a few bullet points from the school system:
* No bells will ring in some schools because bells are now racist. Reminds kids of the times when slave owners rang bells to start/end work.
* Minimum 50% grades will be given on all work. So, no matter what grade the student makes, like a 25%, it automatically changes to 50%. Even if they don’t do an assignment, they still get a 50% on it.
* No homework allowed. It stresses them out.
* Kids get 3 mental health days a year, where they can decide not to go to school, and it’s not counted against them. So, if they are feeling stressed, they just don’t have to go to school. (This is not confirmed, but I was told this by a veteran teacher in our district)
* Kids use the “N” word all day every day, watch porn on their phones, listen to filthy music, dress like strippers, and identify as whatever they want, but a teacher can only show PG movies.
* Staff must report their health status every day on an online website before work, or they will be put on administrative unpaid leave. So much for HIPPA rights.
* Unvaccinated staff must report to an off-campus location weekly―on our own time―to get tested to see if we are sick. I guess I’m not capable of knowing if I’m sick or not, so I need a test to let me know. By the way, I just got my test results back, and I was elated to learn that I wasn’t sick. Again, if we don’t comply, we will be put on unpaid administrative leave. So much for bullying and discrimination, which our district says they won’t tolerate. I guess it’s okay for them to do it. Keep in mind, the taxpayers get to pay for these companies to administer roughly 18,000 tests weekly. Also, any vaccinated people who don’t upload their vaccine cards to their website also have to be tested weekly. So much for a free country.
* We have not been forced to teach CRT (Critical Race Theory) yet, but we do believe in restorative justice.
* The district implemented a program that most schools in the country have adopted called PBIS (Positive Behavioral Intervention Supports). Basically, you give kids points that they can cash in for prizes or food for doing things the way they are supposed to do them. So, if a kid is working, walking in the hallway, turning in their work on time, etc., you give them points. This is all in place of discipline for kids that break rules. When was the last time you were stopped by a police officer and the cop gave you a prize for driving the speed limit or coming to a full stop at a stop sign? I told my own kids not to accept these points or prizes and tell their teachers that they should not be rewarded for doing things that are expected of them. Funny, I don’t get a bonus for showing up to work on time or doing my job.
* Our district is short like 263 bus drivers, so getting kids to and from school has been a nightmare so far this year. This is totally on the Biden administration. He is paying people more money to stay home than if they were to get jobs. There are “Now Hiring” signs everywhere in Vegas, and businesses are closing early or on certain days because they don’t have enough staff.
Continue to pray for teachers. They are really at their breaking point!
Education that Works
Are up seeing how important it is to homeschool your kids? If you can’t homeschool them, send them to a solid, biblically-based Christian school where you know what they are teaching the students. Get them as far away from these government indoctrination centers as you can.
By the way, Randy loves to teach! He loves making an impact on his student’s lives. Think about the stress these kinds of destructive policies and curriculum cause for families like his. He also knows that none of this progressive education will prepare kids to be successful and good citizens throughout their lives.
True Knowledge and Wisdom
And Moses was learned in all the wisdom of the Egyptians, and was mighty in words and in deeds.
Moses was a learned man. We should all be learned and have a wealth of knowledge stored up in us. But, remember that knowledge is different than indoctrination. Your biblical worldview is paramount to any knowledge you may acquire. It assesses and sorts through the nonsense that the world puts forward as knowledge.
For wisdom is a defence, and money is a defence: but the excellency of knowledge is, that wisdom giveth life to them that have it.
How much better is it to get wisdom than gold! and to get understanding rather to be chosen than silver!
We need wisdom much more than knowledge. A simple definition of wisdom is “biblical knowledge applied.” Think about whether or not the education your child is receiving teaches them biblical knowledge and how to apply it?
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
Training takes time, effort, perseverance, patience, guidance, instruction, love, and more. Who is the one providing that for your child?
Renewing Your Mind
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Renew is a key word to remember. Young people are bombarded by junk from the world all day long through social media, their phones, video games, etc. All of us need to renew and wash our minds in the Word of God. If we do not, then it is much easier to slide farther away from the cross and the truths of the Bible.
The Race Card
One thing this teacher told me on the phone was, “I get called racist by students every day. I shrug my shoulders and walk on. Students can play the race card all day every day.”
What a sad way to go through life. No, I don’t mean for the teacher―that, of course, is no fun to have that said of you―I mean the child. Who in their right mind would tolerate kids saying that to a teacher or really to anyone who has different color skin than you have? We have been throwing the race card around so much these days that even the kids are doing it. There are no cards left in the deck. And, of course, it has no real meaning anymore because it has been played way too many times in situations where it wasn’t warranted and didn’t apply.
On the Brink
America is toast. Hard for me to believe I just wrote that, but if we have raised a generation or two to hate America, to hate what this country stands for, and to hate each other, then we are going under. It won’t take an outside force to take us down either. We have been infiltrated by the enemy and are falling from within.
What does all this mean? It means it’s a great time to be alive! It is so dark out there that it is very easy to let your light of Jesus Christ shine. Very easy.
I was having a chat with a college student at a coffee shop recently. Atheist. He said his parents were very liberal. We talked for four hours! He was very open to a different viewpoint other than what he was raised in.
Be careful who you elect into office. Pull your kids out of these communist training centers. Then run for office yourself! Run for school board. Yes, run for a position on the school board, even if your kids don’t attend those public schools. Someone is setting the standards for what is being taught to the kids in your area, and it might as well be you. Much better to have your values being put forward instead of the viewpoints of someone else.
Last thing: Go on offense. You can’t play defense all the time in this world. Be aggressive. Stand for what you believe. Dare to be different. Defenses have a hard time stopping aggressive offensive players, so it needs to be us pushing back on evil and taking ground away from them.
Until the Nets are Full,
P.S. The booklets are still on special at 25% off the suggested donation. It’s a great time to stock up and have materials ready to hand to those you have conversations with, to give to the cashier where you shop, those in line with you, and those you bump into on the streets. They need the light of truth. Fall harvest festivals are coming up soon, and these booklets would be great giveaways for the families and youth who visit your church. And trick or treaters will be on your doorstep sooner than you think. So stock up and be ready.
Previous / Next NewsletterPast Months >>
©2021 Mark Cahill Ministries. All Rights Reserved.